If you or the Judge are considering giving the Tenants more time to pay before requesting the final eviction, have the tenant sign a stipulation in front of the Judge and file it immediately with the court. This is an agreement by the tenant to pay specific amounts on specific dates. Then if the tenant violates this agreement file a motion for the Judge's final judgment and complete the eviction.



After the eviction


If you do not wish to go to too much trouble and do not mind waiting for your money then you may simply docket judgment with the clerk of the Superior court in Trenton . Once the judgment is docketed in Trenton it forms a lien on any real property that the judgment debtor seeks to sell.  Often when he or she tries to finance any major purchase they will be required to satisfy the judgment  

If you are unwilling to wait several years or do not believe you debtor will ever be in a position to make a major purchase you will have to take a more proactive approach. Assuming you have information about the judgment debtorís assets or employment you may levy on them. To levy on the debtors wages or property you must first obtain a writ of execution from the court.  The writ of Execution authorizes the court officer or the sheriffís officer to execute on the debtors property.

 The easiest executing is to have the appropriate officer levy on the debtorís bank account. Generally, if you hit a bank account you will be able to get what is there without requiring the sale of any assets or a payout over time. If your debtor has refused to participate in the litigation process freezing his bank account will get his attention.

 When you collect all the money due under the judgment you are required to notify the court. This notification is given through a warrant to satisfy judgment